db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Cozma <vco...@elfyard.com>
Subject derby ugly bug
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:45:18 GMT
Dear Colleagues,

I have recently encountered a problem regarding derby.

After 1 month of working correctly and not under big pressure, the
database crashed.
Behavior is :

1. Database is started in network mode
2. First connected program works perfectly by itself ( up to 5
connections opened )
3. When I opened the second program , or squirrel , I get the following
    3.1 on the second program , or squirrel :

            "Error: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XSDB0,
SQLERRMC: Unexpected exception on in-memory page Page(48,Container(0, 6017))
SQLState:  XSDB0
ErrorCode: -1"

            and then :

            "Error: A network protocol error was encountered and the
connection has been terminated: the requested command encountered an
unarchitected and implementation-specific condition for which there was
no architected message
SQLState:  58009
ErrorCode: -4499"

    3.2 on the first program : "java.sql.SQLException: DERBY SQL error:
SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: 08003, SQLERRMC: No current connection."

4. After these errors , the first program does not function any more.

The version is but I also tried with the latest stable,
behavior is same, and very reproductible.

Seems similar to this bug :

I THINK that the database was created using an older version of derby
(one of , cannot remember ) , I copied the
database from another location of the same client, then I modified the
libraries. Not sure of that anyway.

I have the db but is 8 M zipped ( 117 M after unpack ). Where do I post it ?

Thank you for your time and help.

View raw message