db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DB gets corrupts in 10.3.1.2!!
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:56:48 GMT
Binoy Thomas wrote:
> We have not used 10.4.x to access the corrupted DB. It was tested by
> building the application again with the latest derby jars.

You say you have been using Derby for years. Has there been any other
changes in your products with regards to database access, like adding
connection pooling or using an ORM framework?

I notice from the stack trace that you are using c3p0. There has been
some reports on issues using Derby and c3p0.
To confirm this, are you able to either disable c3p0 or to use the Derby
client driver instead of the embedded driver?
The reports are about Derby threads being interrupted by c3p0 while
writing data to disk.

regards,
--
Kristian