db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Svata Dedic <ga...@volny.cz>
Subject Re: Deadlock when getting DB metadata
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:24:52 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Svata Dedic <garat@volny.cz> writes:
>
>> Can anyone give me pointers how to solve or avoid these issues ? I am
>> able to reproduce this rather reliably, so any guidance what to test,
>> what to debug or log in order to pinpoint the bug would be most appreciated.
>>
> hile
> before it successfully continues, but the deadlock may still be logged
> in derby.log. That bug is tracked here:

Thanks. Yes, indeed the operation completes successfully, but the delay
has deadly impact on user experience with the application.

 The issue #177 talks about transactions and subtransactions (spawned
internally by the statement compilations) - in my case, there should be
no outer transaction (autocommit = on) at the time metadata is
requested. Dumb question: does the issue apply even to this scenario
(DatabaseMetadata called without turning autocommit to false) ?

Thanks for the response,
-Svata