db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andy Rozman <a...@triera.net>
Subject derby & hibernate & type 'text'
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:40:15 GMT
Hi !

I am new to derby and I have one question. I am using Hibernate with my
application and I am having little problems with Derby... (I used same
db configutaion on PostgreSQL, Mckoi and HsqlDb)...

It seems that type text (which should be unlimited varchar) is
interpreted as CLOB(255). I don't know where this happens but my
application now fails... Is this Derby problem or Hibernate? I am using
latest of Derby (10.3.2.1) and Hibernate 3.1.

Which is longest varchar format in Derby?

If someone uses Hibernate with Derby I would be thankful for any help...

Andy