db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby get-together at Java One
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:09:06 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

>>> Hi Rick,
>>>
>>> I think that'll work fine for me.
>>>
>> I plan on taking advantage of the free Community One offer (no money
>> in my budget to go to javaone), so depending on the offerings lunch
>> may not work for me.  Community One day is free and at least last year
>> they offered free beer (even had achor steam on tap) for an hour and
>> 1/2 after work sometime, would anyone like to meet up then - and maybe
>> head to a different location from there?  It looks like the reception is
>> 6-7:30pm.
>>
>> You do have to sign up.   The link is easily findable, I would post it
>> but I don't know the rules on advertising on the list.  I am not an
>> employee of Sun. I did find the event useful especially given the
>> price - free.  I probably would not travel to go to it, but since I am
>> in the
>> neighborhood.
> Not conflicting with Community One sessions sounds good, as does meeting
> after 6:00 pm for free beer. I didn't attend the reception last year. Do
> you have any advice about how we would raft together at the reception?
> Does anyone have a Derby sign that we could wave around?

Last year they just held it in the area outside where the javaone vendor
pavillion is, down the escallator where they usually have a bunch of
bean bag seeting and the wall of video.  And people hung out and talked
in that area, it wasn't so
big or crowed that you would not see a sign if you walked around a bit.
But of course I have no idea what they will do this year.