db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby get-together at Java One
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:54:53 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> A number of Derby people  have expressed interest in getting together
>> the week of Java One. I'm thinking that people may be busy attending
>> sessions during Java One itself, so it might be better to meet the
>> first day before the Java One sessions start. That would be the
>> Community One day (Monday, May 5). However, that may be an awkward day
>> for some people for other reasons.
>>
>> I'm leaning toward Monday May 5. I'm also leaning toward a
>> bring-your-own-lunch format as we've done before with Derby developer
>> get-togethers. Let me know if lunchtime (say 11:30 onward) that day
>> sounds good to you.
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> I think that'll work fine for me.

I plan on taking advantage of the free Community One offer (no money in
my budget to go to javaone), so depending on the offerings lunch may not
work for me.  Community One day is free and at least last year they
offered free beer (even had achor steam on tap) for an hour and 1/2
after work sometime, would anyone like to meet up then - and maybe head
to a different location from there?  It looks like the reception is
6-7:30pm.

You do have to sign up.   The link is easily findable, I would post it
but I don't know the rules on advertising on the list.  I am not an
employee of Sun. I did find the event useful especially given the price
- free.  I probably would not travel to go to it, but since I am in the
neighborhood.