db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "A. Rick Anderson" <a_r...@hughes.net>
Subject Can't change column name, or drop database
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:34:20 GMT
I have not been able to change the name of a column in an embedded
database.  When I try, it gives me a false error about the word "column"
appearing in the 8th column.

So I tried to drop the table.  Unfortunately, there is a long cascade of
dependencies.  So I  tried to  drop the entire schema and re-create it
from scratch.   Then it tells me that there is an <EOF> in the fifteen
column of line one (which is in the middle of my schema name).

I'm running out of options here.

The IDE is MyEclipse 6.01 (which, just as an FYI, does a rather poor job
of ORM comparatively.)

-- A. Rick Anderson