db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 2me + derby insert/select exaple +pojo
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 06:28:22 GMT
cw wrote:
> is there any example on this? i already googled, but cant find any info
> on this. I looking for example that using pojo to insert/select into
> java db in j2me

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but have you looked at the
"simplemobile" demo included in the 10.3.2.1 release and the 10.4.1 release
candidate? (see ${DERBY_HOME}/demo/programs/ of the -bin distribution)

Its current source is viewable here as well:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/demo/simplemobile/SimpleMobileApp.java?view=markup

Using Java ME is not that different from using Java SE. The main difference is
that you have to use EmbeddedSimpleDataSource instead of DriverManager/DataSource.

More information about Derby's ME support is available here:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JavaMESupport

--
John