db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1313))
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:40:08 GMT
> Ok - we are restructuring the application, so that now, we can get away
> with a primary key field of just an INTEGER, rather than the two BIGINT
> columns.  Also, because of the restructure, we don't need to check for
> the existence of a duplicate record before insertion, so we can now
> create the primary key once all of the data has been loaded.

As expected, our loading doesn't exhibit the problem now with the above
change.

Incidentally, we had a customer being hit with this problem yesterday,
on their own hardware, which was an AMD64 dual core 4200 with 4 GB of
ram running 32 bit XP pro.

I will create the JIRA entry in the next day or two - the fact this has
now been seen on an external site on completely different hardware / OS
shows we are probably dealing with a software issue.

--
Cheers,
David

Nuix Pty Ltd