db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: derby.storage.pageCacheSize on multiple databases
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:13:49 GMT
Guillermo Averboch wrote:
> Knut,
>
> Actually, it does not work. If you set derby.storage.pageCacheSize after
> setting affects all databases.

Hello Guillermo,

I tried the approach suggested by Knut Anders, and it seemed to work for
me when I tested it on trunk. I added a trace print in the cache, and
could see that it got initialized with different values. As the maximum
size is kept in a final variable, the only way it can change is if the
database is shutdown and rebooted. Now, this is only valid for the new
cache implementation, but I would believe the approach should work for
the old one too.

So, a few question that might help to figure out what is going on:
  a) Are you sure the databases are not rebooted after the initial boot?
  b) Are you sure you set the system property in the VM process that
boots the databases?
  c) Which driver are you using?

I assume you have written a Java class that boots the databases for you
and possibly starts the network server?

regards,
--
Kristian