db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Dohman" <B-Doh...@gotcg.net>
Subject threads and derby
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:02:35 GMT
I’ve currently created a multithreaded server that is using 1 class to do all of the database
interactions when receiving commands from the client programs.

My question:  When my server code has multiple threads going, will the database, or the java
code for that matter, wait until the current threads transactions are done before allowing
another thread to take control of the database?

I have created a simple user login system that allows access to a machine, and there will
be possible multiple logins going on at the same time (very possible it will never happen
at the exact same time) but along with logins, admin users will be updating information in
the database.  And I just want to make sure I won’t crash my database, if I have operations
trying to access things at the same time.

Thanks

Checked by AVG.