db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael" <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject Problems with BLOBS
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:44:40 GMT
Hi !

About a year ago I ahd som problems with BLOBS in Derby because of bugs, I
gave up at that time but I thought I kight give it another try and see if it
works any better today, but no luck at all so far, there was some very
helpful people here trying to fix it and as far as I remember the problem
wad found... ?

I am trying to put a 56721 byte file into a record with a BLOB field (16M
limit).

    byte[] data = <an array of 56721 bytes from a file.>
    ByteArrayInputStream is = new ByteArrayInputStream( data);
    String sql = "UPDATE USF.FileSystem SET FTimeSrc='" + fdateFile +
"',FTime='" + fdate + "',FContents=? WHERE FName='" + name + "'";
    PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement( sql);
    ps.setBinaryStream( 1, is, data.length);

    if( ps.executeUpdate() == 0) // Check if record already exists, if not
do an INSERT
    {
    }

But it crashes at the ps.executeUpdate call (it works fine with smaller
files though).
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed because
of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 0;
Error Code Value = 3. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled
client?
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DDMReader.readDssHeader(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed because
of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 0;
Error Code Value = 3. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled
client?
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DDMReader.readDssHeader(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

The table I am using look's like this:
   "CREATE TABLE USF.FileSystem (\n" +
     "FTime     timestamp NOT NULL,\n" +      // Date for uploading
     "FTimeSrc  timestamp NOT NULL,\n" +      // Time stamp for original
file
     "FContents BLOB(16M) NOT NULL,\n" +      // The contents of the file
     "FName     varchar(300) NOT NULL)";      // Name of file

Any ideas why this isn't working ?

My original problem was as follows:
------------------------------------
[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3085?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Kathey Marsden updated DERBY-3085:

    Derby Info: [Patch Available, Regression]  (was: [Regression])

Tests passed except for demo/checkToursDB which I don't think could be
related as it is not network server related.

Please review patch derby-3085_diff.txt

Not sure if this is related to the problem this time though.... but the
exceptions look about the same.

Mikael