Bryan this sounds EXACTLY like what I was looking for.  Thanks, I will checkout 10.4.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Bryan Pendleton <> wrote:
> Anyway, is there a way to add ones own table that ultimately provides
> the appropriate callbacks to ones own code?

If I understand your question correctly, in Derby we call these
"Table Functions", and they have been added to Derby recently:

This feature will be part of Derby 10.4, which progress you can
follow here:

We'd love to have some feedback about how well this feature works
for you, so please give it a try and let us know!