db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Averboch <acad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby.storage.pageCacheSize on multiple databases
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:26:11 GMT
Thanks Knut!

Now, doesn't that mean that derby.storage.pageCacheSize should be settable at
the database level? In my case, I have one important database, for which I want
to have a large cache, and other less important databases, for which
performance is not as important, and for which I would like to have smaller
caches. But I have no way to specify that, given that
derby.storage.pageCacheSize can only be set at the system level (according to
the Derby doc.) Now, if I set it at the database level, Derby doesn't complain,
but I presume it still ignores the setting, right?

Thanks again,

Guillermo