db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Averboch <acad...@gmail.com>
Subject derby.storage.pageCacheSize on multiple databases
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:55:15 GMT
Hi, I'm a fairly new Derby user, and I can't seem to find the answer to this
question anywhere: How does derby.storage.pageCacheSize work when the same
process has several opened Derby databases at the same time?

According to the Derby documentation, derby.storage.pageCacheSize is system-
wide, hence individual databases cannot set their own value for it. Does this
mean that there is only one cache, which is shared by all databases, or that
Derby creates separate caches for each database, each of which can grow up to
the size specified by derby.storage.pageCacheSize?

Thanks so much,

Guillermo