db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hiles <markahi...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Re-using an existing db and archiving data
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:08:15 GMT
bradm6406 <bradm6406@...> writes:

> Any chance that you are not committing your transactions?  Changed data
> would appear to be there while you're connected to the database but
> disconnecting (without a commit) and then re-connecting it would appear as
> though your database was overridden, when really the data was never saved.
>
> Brad

Thanks, my problem is now solved. I was forgetting to commit my data before
disconnecting from the db.

Unfortunately, I have a new issue. I've been using the next() method to run
through a ResultSet. But a lot of the other methods I try using, I receive an
error stating that I'm not using a scrolling cursor.

For example, I don't see why I can use next() but not previous().. I'm trying to
count the number of results from a specific query..