db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Chris <jesdisci...@gmail.com>
Subject Activity 4 Error: No suitable driver found...
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:26:51 GMT
As you may remember, I have a copy of Derby that came pre-installed with
ColdFusion 8 Developer's Edition.  But I want to use Derby with PHP, so I
have installed the 10.3.2.1 binary distribution and am progressing
through *Getting
Started with Derby*.

When I run WwdClient in Activity 4 of the *Self-study tutorial for users new
to Derby*, I get the following error.  (For completeness, the output from
running WwdEmbedded comes first.)

> java WwdEmbedded
>
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver loaded.
> Connected to database jdbcDemoDB
> Enter wish-list item (enter exit to end):

exit
> Closed connection
> Database shut down normally
> Getting Started With Derby JDBC program ending.
>
> java WwdClient
>
>     >>> Please check your CLASSPATH variable   <<<
>
>  . . . exception thrown:

I got this error on Activity 3 (with WwdEmbedded), too, but resolved it by
modifying my CLASSPATH.  Line 35 of WwdClient.java is:

>       String driver = "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver";

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks!
Chris