db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Magnus Prime <magnuspr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Reading DDL SQL from JAR
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:35:09 GMT
Yeah.. thats where my thoughts were heading... splitting each CREATE TABLE into its own file,
and reading/executing each one at a time...
I was just hoping for another possible way.

> To: derby-user@db.apache.org> From: spam_eater@gmx.net> Subject: Re: Reading DDL
SQL from JAR> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:10 +0100> > Magnus Prime wrote on 11.03.2008
19:05:> > Thanks for the quick reply. I read through that, and I could use the> >
runScript method of IJ, but is there nothing inside through standard JDBC> > that allows
me to do that? Anything like starting a transactions, running> > them all, then commiting
the transaction? Or trying to commit after each> > create table?> > > >
The reason I ask, is that as of now, I am using Derby, but I dont want to be> > tied
into any DB way of doing things... thats why I was hoping for some> > generic method
using standard JDBC only.> > The generic way is to split your script into the individual
statements (removing > ; at the end), and then run each statement using executeUpdate()
or execute().> > That will work for all DBMS, the CREATE TABLE statements might not
work for all > DBMS (because each one has different data types)> > Thomas>