db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Magnus Prime <magnuspr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Reading DDL SQL from JAR
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:05:48 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.
I read through that, and I could use the runScript method of IJ, but is there nothing inside
through standard JDBC that allows me to do that?
Anything like starting a transactions, running them all, then commiting the transaction?
Or trying to commit after each create table?
The reason I ask, is that as of now, I am using Derby, but I dont want to be tied into any
DB way of doing things... thats why I was hoping for some generic method using standard JDBC

> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:53:16 -0700> From: bpendleton@amberpoint.com> To: derby-user@db.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Reading DDL SQL from JAR> > > Is there a way that I can run all my create
table statements through one > > statement execute call? My SQL file is fine if I run
it through ij, but > > through JDBC seems to not work.> > Here's some good advice
from the last time this was asked:> http://www.nabble.com/sql-format-in-*.sql-files-td15479296.html>