db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR 08000: Connection closed by unknown interrupt
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:29:10 GMT
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Oystein Grovlen wrote:
> >
> > This means that the thread accessing the database have been
> > interrupted.  Do you have code that may interrupt running threads?
> >
> > In this particular case it happened while the thread was flushing log
> > to disk during commit.  From the log it seems that the db is not able
> > to recover from this; it is not able to rollback the transaction, and
> > the database is shutdown since it will be left in an inconsistent state.
> >
> > I think this indicates a bug in Derby.  For robustness, it needs to
> > handle that threads are interrupted.
> >

> Is this the same as DERBY-151?

Yes it sounds like it. There is a workaround with clearing the interrupt
flag on the thread but it may not always be possible to apply this
workaround if some framework is causing this and not the application logic
written by some user. In any case, Derby should not left a database in some
inconsistent state if an interrupt is issued outside of Derby upon writing
to the log for instance.