db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bruehlicke <bruehli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make a simple app with a Java Db embedded ?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:08:07 GMT
I have a successful NetBeans RCP app running with Derby embedded.

1) Create a Library Wrapper module with derby jar
2) Make sure you create your db with org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
3) I did set the system.derby.home to a local project dir

What do you mean with " What I am able to do is an application with a
database but not ebedded..." ? Of course even if you use the Embedded Driver
will Derby put files on your disk for persistence - maybe you can elaborate
a little on this.

B-)