db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Donald McLean" <dmclea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make a simple app with a Java Db embedded ?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 03:14:00 GMT
Actually, just having an embedded database is pretty simple. If you look at
the source for the simple class DatabaseManager (
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseManagerSource) it lays it all out
for you but in essence you need to:

1. load the driver (static block at the end)

2. create a proper URL for the database (function creatURL)

3. connect to the database (function connectToDatabase)

Donald