db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Seromenho <a23...@ualg.pt>
Subject Re: Question about Embedded Derby
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:23:42 GMT
Sory about top posting...
I think it's very easy to read...but you prefer mid posting or down
posying or whatever posting...
And when you say to upgrade to a real OS, I am not interested in discuss
wath is a real OS or what is the best OS, bu the application that I want
to make is one that works in any OS.
One that, if you put it on a pen device it work in Wintendo and in your
real OS.

And to terminate, sory to this ML if this wasn't the proper place to put
my questions.

Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 05:06:22 pm Ricardo Seromenho wrote:
>
>> Ok,
>>

> First you might want to stop top posting. It makes things hard to read.
> Second you might want to upgrade from Wintendo to a real OS.
>

>> But the thing is: on Netbeans, when creting a new project (lets say that
>> I already have created the database)
>> I do the following:
>> Choose Project -> Java -> Java desktop Application -> NEXT.
>> And then I choose Database aplication.
>> On the next screen I need to choose the database. And I want it to be
>> embedded.
>>
>> What steps should I take ?
>> Thanks
>>

> Okay, I'd highly suggest taking this off the Derby mailing list and putting
> the question on the Netbeans mailing list. Lots of good folks there who can
> give you direct netbeans answers:
>
> http://www.netbeans.org/community/lists/top.html
>
> You want the nbusers@netbeans.org list.
>
> Now, to answer your question:
>
> In the drop down for database, choose "New Database Connection."
>
> You can then choose an embedded database and select the one you want.

Ricardo José da Silva Seromenho
Aluno 23842  Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas
e-mail: a23842@ualg.pt
web: http://www.deei.fct.ualg.pt/~a23842/