db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Seromenho <a23...@ualg.pt>
Subject Re: Question about Embedded Derby
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 00:06:22 GMT
But the thing is: on Netbeans, when creting a new project (lets say that
I already have created the database)
I do the following:
Choose Project -> Java -> Java desktop Application -> NEXT.
And then I choose Database aplication.
On the next screen I need to choose the database. And I want it to be

What steps should I take ?

On NetBeans 6.0

Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 12:34:50 pm bruehlicke wrote:
>> I let let user pick a directory (either via a property or via a file
>> selector) than I set the derby.system.home property programtically like
>>        System.setProperty("derby.system.home", dbLocation);
>> The value of dbLocation when you print it is for ex.  C:\Documents and
>> Settings\fred\xyz  (that is the way you should set the value) but when you
>> use the debugger it will of course show up as   C:\\Documents and
>> Settings\\fred\\xyz
>> After this value is set I use the URL like   jdbc:derby:myDB;create=true
>> and the database myDB is created under the given directory.
>> Hope this helps
>> B-)
> That would work out well.
> On my apps, I usually place the database - and various config files - in a
> folder under the user's home folder.
> I have line -
> File strHomeFolder = new File ( System.getProperty("user.home") + "/.MyApp");
> I then append a database folder under this for the database.
> In any case, when I'm downgrading to legacy operating systems that still use
> drive letters like Wintendo - I have one vista, one Xp and one win2K
> machine - I do the followng
> jdbc:derby:C:\Path\To\data
> HTH!

Ricardo José da Silva Seromenho
Aluno 23842  Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas
e-mail: a23842@ualg.pt
web: http://www.deei.fct.ualg.pt/~a23842/

View raw message