db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdbc:default:connection fails
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:37:28 GMT
Milind W wrote:
> hi Narayanan,
> I tried just your sample and it worked. I have a few other doubts as a
> result
>
> 1) Is it possible to update/insert data from a function
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines
> This link seems to say its not possible but I would like to confirm.

The link seems to say you *cannot* Execute SQL update/insert/delete in a
function
but you *can* do so in a procedure.

But now that you got my sample working a small extension to it to use
the connection
obtained should confirm the facts.

> 2) Do we need to have a try catch block in a function?
Stored procedures in Derby are java stored procedures. It is up to you how
you want the java code you write to handle the exceptions thrown.

> Thanks
> -Milind
Thanks,
Narayanan