db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Re-using an existing db and archiving data
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:24:25 GMT
It would definitely help if you could provided a call stack for the
NPE.  If I understand correctly, it occurs when rs. next is called.

I do not think your code does what you intend it to do.  I think that
rs.first() followed by rs.next() will position on the second row of the
result set. Hence, the values of the first row will not be accessed.
Also, the code will not be very efficient for large result sets since
rs.last() will in most cases materialize the entire query in order to
get to the last row.

--
Øystein