db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby and Bitronix JTA connection failure
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:53:58 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Brett Wooldridge <bwooldridge@alterpoint.com> writes:
[ snip - details ]

> As you probably have figured out yourself, it is the SECCHK command
> which fails when you use the TXNMGR. I did notice that you are using a
> a different versions for the server andt the client. (10.3.2.1 rev
> 599110) for the server vs (10.3.1.4 rev
> 561794) for the client. That should not be a problem, but could be an
> easy thing to test...

Hi Dyre,

I didn't notice this before after I posted my message, but I also tried
with the revisions you mentioned.
The repro still worked, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with those
two versions.

BTW, Brett:
What kind of BTM data source do you use?
And does the error happen when you do <BTM-DataSource>.init()?
It could be an idea to stop the network server to provoke the
"Connection refused" exception and look at the stack trace. Which path
is taken to create the connection?
(I'm posting the one I get for reference)

--
Kristian

Exception in thread "main"
bitronix.tm.resource.ResourceConfigurationException: cannot create JDBC
datasource named derby1
         at
bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.init(PoolingDataSource.java:50)
         at jtatest.Test.main(Test.java:27)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException:
java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port
1527 with message Connection refused.
         at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.ClientPooledConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.derby.client.ClientXAConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.ClientXAConnection40.<init>(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.net.ClientJDBCObjectFactoryImpl40.newClientXAConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientXADataSource.getXAConnectionX(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientXADataSource.getXAConnection(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientXADataSource.getXAConnection(Unknown Source)
         at
bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.createPooledConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:168)
         at
bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool.createPooledObject(XAPool.java:200)
         at bitronix.tm.resource.common.XAPool.<init>(XAPool.java:49)
         at
bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.buildXAPool(PoolingDataSource.java:68)
         at
bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.init(PoolingDataSource.java:48)
         ... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port
1527 with message Connection refused.
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetAgent.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.newAgent_(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.initConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection40.<init>(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.net.ClientJDBCObjectFactoryImpl40.newNetConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetXAConnection.createNetConnection(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetXAConnection.<init>(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.derby.client.ClientPooledConnection.getNetXAConnection(Unknown
Source)
         ... 13 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
         at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
         at
javax.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(SocketFactory.java:196)
         at org.apache.derby.client.net.OpenSocketAction.run(Unknown Source)
         ... 23 more