db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Activity 4 Error: No suitable driver found...
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:44:10 GMT
Hi Chris,

It is a general rule (not a derby rule)

that your classpath should have the jars which contain your classes (or)

the directory that contain your classes

In this case you had to have the jar called derbyclient.jar that
contains the
class (the client driver org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver) that is needed
to connect to your Derby Network Server.

Glad that it worked :)

Pls feel free to ask any doubts you have along the way, would be a pleasure
to answer

cheers,

Narayanan