db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Storing array in database
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:57:16 GMT
Hi Varun,

The getArray() and setArray() methods are part of the JDBC api and they
operate on the SQL Array datatype. Derby does not support this datatype
so these methods throw "not implemented" exceptions as Narayanan said.
The supported datatypes are described in the Derby Reference manual in a
section titled "Data types": http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/ref/
If you need to store an array of values in a column, you may be able to
use the variable length binary types CHAR FOR BIT DATA and VARCHAR FOR
BIT DATA as well as the large object type BLOB.

Hope this helps,
-Rick