db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Parker <da...@smallsolid.com>
Subject resultsets from stored procedures?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:16:23 GMT
I would like to be able to create a java stored procedure that returns
a ResultSet. Ideally, I would be able to call this as a function from
within an SQL statement.

The application requires that given a parent-child relationship where
a given row can have a chain of ancestors, we need to be able to get
all of the ancestor ids as a flat list, or row set. In Oracle I am
using a CONNECT BY for this operation. (Has anybody thought about
implementing that in Derby?).

Any pointers to doc on how to return a resultset from a procedure
would be much appreciated, as would any comments, suggestions,
warnings, dire predictions, etc....

Thanks.

- DAP
David Parker