db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bradm6406 <bradm6...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-using an existing db and archiving data
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:12:11 GMT

Mark Hiles wrote:

> Thanks, my problem is now solved. I was forgetting to commit my data
> before
> disconnecting from the db.

You will probably want to make sure that you are committing your
transactions after each piece of work, rather than just before
disconnecting.  You may already be doing this, but I just thought I'd
mention it.  If you just commit before disconnecting and anything goes wrong
before the user actually disconnects (i.e. power failure) they will lose all
of the data they think they have already saved.

Brad