db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Inns, Jeff" <ji...@extol.com>
Subject Metadata Container RAF Exception
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:50:36 GMT
Hi folks,

     We've run into this problem intermittently and were wondering if
you can suggest some ideas about what the problem may be or
configuration changes that might help alleviate the problem.  By
intermittently, I mean 3 times in the past two months.  The software
runs 24x7, so it occurs very infrequently when compared to the number of
accesses that are made to the database.

Here's the pertinent environment information:

Platform: Windows 2003 Server 64 bit

JVM:       jre-1_5_0_14-windows-amd64

Derby:     10.2.2

Note - we are have our software running on multiple platforms (RHEL,
Windows 32bit/64bit/XP/Server, Mac, i5/OS), and have only experienced
this exception on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit.

About an hour before we received this exception, we compressed the
database, reducing the total size of the DB from 10GB to 1.5GB.  The
largest database file was about 350MB (I'm not sure about the number of
records).

Now for the error:

java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Meta-data for Container
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@12406ab2 could not be
accessed

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown
Source)

      at
com.extol.util.jdbc.CacheStatement.executeBatch(CacheStatement.java:51)

<<our code>> <<snip>>

ERROR XSDG3: Meta-data for Container
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@12406ab2 could not be
accessed

      at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.run(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.openContainer(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.setIdent(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.setIdentity(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.takeOnIdentity(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.addEntry(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.writePage(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.clean(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.clean(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.rotateClock(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.findFreeItem(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getUserPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getPage(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainerHandle.getPage(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.ControlRow.Get(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.ControlRow.Get(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BranchControlRow.getChildPageAt
Slot(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BranchControlRow.search(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BranchControlRow.search(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BranchControlRow.search(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeController.doIns(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeController.insert(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IController.insert(Unkn
own Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.insertAndCheckDups(Unknow
n Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doInsert(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.insert(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger.insert(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.insertRow(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.normalInsertCore(Unkno
wn Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.open(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeBatchElement(Un
known Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown
Source)

<<our code>>  <<snip>>

java.io.FileNotFoundException: M:\database\xdb1\seg0\c1250.dat (The
process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process)

      at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.io.DirRandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.io.DirRandomAccessFile4.<init>(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.io.DirFile4.getRandomAccessFile(Unknown

Jeffrey Inns

Application Support, Development

EXTOL International, Inc.

Web: www.extol.com <http://www.extol.com>