db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kai Ponte <...@perfectreign.com>
Subject Re: Question about Embedded Derby
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:21:52 GMT
On Thursday 27 March 2008 05:06:22 pm Ricardo Seromenho wrote:
> Ok,

First you might want to stop top posting. It makes things hard to read.
Second you might want to upgrade from Wintendo to a real OS.

> But the thing is: on Netbeans, when creting a new project (lets say that
> I already have created the database)
> I do the following:
> Choose Project -> Java -> Java desktop Application -> NEXT.
> And then I choose Database aplication.
> On the next screen I need to choose the database. And I want it to be
> embedded.
>
> What steps should I take ?
> Thanks

Okay, I'd highly suggest taking this off the Derby mailing list and putting
the question on the Netbeans mailing list. Lots of good folks there who can
give you direct netbeans answers:

http://www.netbeans.org/community/lists/top.html

You want the nbusers@netbeans.org list.

Now, to answer your question:

In the drop down for database, choose "New Database Connection."

You can then choose an embedded database and select the one you want.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com