Any example out there for storing a java "Properties" object ?

1) What type shall the Table Column have ? BLOB ? CLOB ?

2) Any example of how to do this ?

My assumption until now is that I have to create a BLOB and serialize and de-serialize the "Properties" object. The latest I found on this was from Bernt http://www.mail-archive.com/derby-user@db.apache.org/msg06658.html.   So I just need confirmation on the Column type I should choose.

You need to serialize the object. One way of doing it is like this:

ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(bos);
oos.writeObject(item);
oos.close();
ps.setBytes(1, bos.toByteArray());

An vice versa when you retrive the object

B-)