You might also want to have a messageID and maybe a messageTimestamp.

If everyone is connecting directly to the database server then you're just going to have to do a select periodically to see if anyone posted anything new.

I don't know what kind of connection limits a database server has, but if your target audience is large enough, your architecture could break down (or even just bog down).

On Feb 13, 2008 10:06 AM, musky <muskvar@gmail.com> wrote:

also i dont want to use any sockets.
all the chat clients connect to the database server.