in derby's bin directory there is a startNetworkServer.bat
regards,
ali

wotcha <paul@coolshed.net> wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm a new Derby user. i've created
an application using Netbeans 6.0 and embedded Derby DB - using the tutorial
supplied by Netbeans - very impressed with Derby. However, the application
works fine in Netbeans but if I want to run it outside of Netbeans I have to
go into Netbeans to start the DB server before it will run. Is there a way
of starting the Derby server without using Netbeans so that I can run the
application?

Thanks

Paul