db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Transaction Problems of a Derby Stored Procedure
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:51:01 GMT
"sin(EaTing)," <ussraf@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Dan.
> The document I read seems already the latest, which is Derby Developer's
> Guide Version 10.3.
> And I am still confused about the isolation mode, I traced the stored
> procedure using getTransactionIsolation() and the return value shows the
> isolation level was changed, I am not sure about the whether that data can
> reflect the real isolation level.

I think that the documentation is incorrect here. It is possible to
modify the isolation level in both a function and a procedure, but not
while a cursor is open because changing the isolation level will commit
the current transaction.

You can see a Derby JUnit test which modifies the
isolation level in a number of ways here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbcapi/CacheSessionDataTest.java

--
dt