db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: column number mismatch error
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:30:12 GMT
Amir Michail <amichail@gmail.com> writes:

> On Feb 13, 2008 7:13 PM, Amir Michail <amichail@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 13, 2008 3:51 PM, Amir Michail <amichail@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > What does this error mean?
>> >
>> > ERROR XSCH5: In a base table there was a mismatch between the
>> > requested column number 9 and the maximum number of columns 10.
>> >
>> > This happens when I tried to add a reference to a primary key.

Hi Amir,

Could you post the SQL statement you are trying to execute and the
schema for the tables involved? I think the error means that an attempt
to add a column to a table/conglomerate failed because the conglomerate
already has a column with the given id. I think this is an internal
error, and it could be a bug in Derby.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/adminguide/cadminconsist01.html

--
Knut Anders