db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Duncan Groenewald <dagroenew...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Derby Transaction Log Shipping
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:57:25 GMT
Thanks - the specification looks like its close to what I would
like.  The model I work from is one used by Sybase (and possibly
others) where you can specify a database dump and a separate
transaction log dump at defined intervals using a script or some
other programmatic method.  From what I can tell its not possible to
do this with Derby, since you can only dump the database and not the
logs.  Its also unclear how you would load a log file on its own.

What I would like to see is two additional commands added to dump
transaction logs to specified directory or file name and another
command to load a transaction log file from a specified location/
file.  Ideally a transaction log file load should function much the
same way a normal user does to allow concurrent user access while

I would be interested what people think about this approach and
whether there is any way of adding transaction log dump commands
without major rewrite of the derby architecture !!

Cheers