db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Donald McLean" <dmclea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using derby as a chat server
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:21:19 GMT
You might also want to have a messageID and maybe a messageTimestamp.

If everyone is connecting directly to the database server then you're just
going to have to do a select periodically to see if anyone posted anything
new.

I don't know what kind of connection limits a database server has, but if
your target audience is large enough, your architecture could break down (or
even just bog down).