db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Floehr" <Eric.Flo...@3x.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException in Derby driver (from at least 10.2.2.0)
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:38:52 GMT
Jim,

That's definitely what we are seeing, and our only option was to restart
the app as well.  You should really check the interrupt, because it
wasn't so much that InterruptedException was thrown at your code in the
thread for us.  What was happening is the interrupt flag was getting set
down in the network layer, the interrupt was successfully handled there,
but the interrupt flag was not getting cleared.  So then, next time
there was a commit on the database (in a totally separate part of the
code) on that thread, we had the problem.

-Eric