db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Floehr" <Eric.Flo...@3x.com>
Subject NullPointerException in Derby driver (from at least 10.2.2.0)
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:00:26 GMT
All,

I'm experiencing a NullPointerException (somewhat random) apparently
within the Derby JDBC driver (stack trace below), and am wondering if
anyone has any suggestions on finding the root cause.  I am using Derby
10.3.2.1 (though the problem also occurred on 10.2.2.0) with an IBATIS
front-end (version 2.3.1.700, though it also occurred with 2.2), using
Derby in single-user mode (direct not via server).

Here is the root stack trace:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ':
java.lang.NullPointerException'.

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcr
ossDRDA(Unknown Source)

               ... 21 more

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openContainer(U
nknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openContainer(U
nknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.openContainer(Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.OpenBTree.init(Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeScan.init(Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IForwardScan.init(Unkno
wn Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2I.openScan(Unknown
Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.openScan(Unknown
Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.openCompiledScan(Unkno
wn Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TableScanResultSet.openScanController(
Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TableScanResultSet.openScanController(
Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TableScanResultSet.openCore(Unknown
Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexRowToBaseRowResultSet.openCore(Un
known Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.open(Unknown
Source)

               at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)

               ... 14 more

I appreciate any help or pointers you can provide!

Thanks much!

Eric