db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dockery, Michael E SFC NG NG NGB" <michael.dock...@us.army.mil>
Subject Re: Regarding:Usage of Derby with Tomcat 5.5.12
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:38:35 GMT
Of course you can write servlets
  to work with your database
    anyway you like with sql, etc

you can even write a java program
  to read from your old database or spreadsheet
   and import that data into your new derby database tables

I am assuming you did already
	CREATE SCHEMA mySchema
and
	CREATE TABLE mySchema.myTableName(s)...

alternatively
  for the initial loading of data from another database
   you might consider using the ij dos command line tool
     which comes with derby

or using some other graphical database utility