db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Sai Pullabhotla" <Sai.Pullabho...@jMethods.com>
Subject RE: Enormous file size for an empty table
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:43:23 GMT
Did you have a bunch of data in that table/other tables which has now been
deleted?

If so, what you are seeing is normal. Derby does not automatically reclaim
the disk space when data is deleted off the tables. However, that disk space
is reused when you insert any new data. To reclaim the disk space, I believe
there is a stored procedure that you can call which can be found in the
documentation.

Sai Pullabhotla

President

jMethods, Inc.