db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in Derby driver (from at least 10.2.2.0)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 04:16:45 GMT
On Wednesday 06 February 2008 04:00:26 Eric Floehr wrote:
> All,
> I'm experiencing a NullPointerException (somewhat random) apparently
> within the Derby JDBC driver (stack trace below), and am wondering if
> anyone has any suggestions on finding the root cause.  I am using Derby
> 10.3.2.1 (though the problem also occurred on 10.2.2.0) with an IBATIS
> front-end (version 2.3.1.700, though it also occurred with 2.2), using
> Derby in single-user mode (direct not via server).

Interesting, I found exactly the same problem.  I'm not sure whether I posted
about it to the list or whether I stayed quiet.

Do you have another warning earlier in the log about the connection having
been closed?  The few times I've seen this, the connection has "closed
itself" (despite being embedded, and thus having no good reason to...) and
then I've seen these errors for all operations directly afterwards.

Daniel