db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Briggs <acidbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Iterating through large result set in network mode causes OutOfMemoryException
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:14:45 GMT
So, I have a derby database that could potentially contain millions of
records, but at the moment it has 13K.

I am trying to iterate through that table after calling a basic
"Select * from myTable".  After about 5000 records, I get an out of
memory
exception/error on the server side.  This table has very a couple
small clobs in it (each field contains about only 100 chars at the
moment) and one large clob.  I have no transactions running, the
result set is read only.  I would think that I should be able to loop
through an infinite set of results.  If I do this in embedded mode
it's fine. I have read over 10 million records with no problem. But,
again, in network mode it fails early.

Anyone have any advice?  I would think that a non-scrollable result
set should not keep any of the results in memory (on the server) once
the cursor has passed it.

--
"Conscious decisions by conscious minds are what make reality real"