db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bradm6406 <bradm6...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Signed jar file loaded in DB
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:52:07 GMT

Daniel John Debrunner-2 wrote:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> bradm6406 wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am having problems running code from within a signed jar file if the
>>> jar
>>> file has been loaded into the database using sqlj.install_jar.
>
>>> I am using Derby 10.3.2.1 on a Windows XP Pro machine.
>
> Another possibility is DERBY-553, are you using JDK 1.5?

> Dan.

Hi Dan,

I am very new to Java and I'm having a hard time getting the full stack
trace.  I'll keep fighting with that and see if I can figure out why I'm not
getting more information in the error message back, but for now this is all
I'm getting in the error message:

java.sql.SQLException: The exception 'java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission derby.system.home read)' was
thrown while evaluating an expression.

I am running the System.getProperty("derby.system.home") call inside a
privileged block and it does work when the Java ClassPath is set to include
my jar file.

I am using JDK 1.6.0_04 so I'm assuming DERBY-553 shouldn't be the problem.

I'll keep trying to get the full stack trace, but in the meantime I thought
I'd let you know the rest of the answers to your questions.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Brad