db-derby-user mailing list archives

From wotcha <p...@coolshed.net>
Subject Starting Derby Server
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:04:00 GMT

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm a new Derby user. i've created
an application using Netbeans 6.0 and embedded Derby DB - using the tutorial
supplied by Netbeans - very impressed with Derby. However, the application
works fine in Netbeans but if I want to run it outside of Netbeans I have to
go into Netbeans to start the DB server before it will run. Is there a way
of starting the Derby server without using Netbeans so that I can run the
application?

Thanks

Paul