db-derby-user mailing list archives

From musky <musk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using derby as a chat server
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:59:55 GMT

i have come up with a basic framework for the application:
there will be two treads:
one thread takes care of the GUI and taking user chat messages from the
keyboard onto a textbox.
the second thread will select the most recent message for the user from the
other party every "n" seconds.i will be using the java.util.timer package
for this.

does anybody know whether derby can put up with so many connections?

please give me your insights as i am still a newbie who wants to do
something new and i am doing my undergrad now.