db-derby-user mailing list archives

From dexter195 <dexter_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Virtual Table Tutorial Problem
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:33:42 GMT

Hi,

I'm very new to Derby and I'm having trouble trying to find any information
on how to construct a virtual table/database, so its stored in the ram and
then use that to speed up our unit tests.

ResultSet rs = s.executeQuery( " SELECT * " +
					   " from eniqAggregationRule" +
					   " AS AggregationRuleTable" );

I'm not having much luck getting any sample code on how to do this. I've had
a look at the VTI's but I cant get any source code that I can use to set up
each table as a VTI.

Am I going about this the right way or is this possible to do this in Derby?

I have this set up in HSQL. It uses this driver to create a virtual
database.
database1Con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hsqldb:mem:database1",
"db1",	"db1");

Does derby have a similar approach?

Thanks for the help in advance
Dexter